Von Knoten und Kanten zu Gedanken: Theoretische Reflexionen zu Graphentechnologien
Virtual barcamp of the Working Group Theory of Digital Humanities [AG Theorie der DH] & the Working Group Graph Technologies [AG Graphentechnologien]
Topics: Graph Data Modeling, Networks and Network Analysis, Linked Open Data and Semantic Web
Graph data, graph query languages, graph databases and management systems, networks and network analysis, linked open data and semantic web seem to be ‘hard’ technologies, existing in the world in factual, distinct, and tangible ways. However, upon closer inspection and in response to ontological, epistemological, aesthetic, and ethical considerations, graph technologies prove themselves to be starting points for a reflection on the development of particular theories of technology in digital humanities.
The event is aimed at those who work with graphene technologies and want to immerse in the field of tool and method criticism as well as those interested in the possibilities of theory formation in the digital humanities, eager to examine graphene technologies as a concrete application.
The event will be held online via zoom. Following the hasthag #GraphReflex, the discussion can be followed and joined on Twitter.
- Aline Deicke (Akademie der Wissenschaften und der Literatur, Mainz)
- Franziska Diehr (Freie Universität Berlin, EXC 2020)
- Thomas Efer (Sächsische Akademie der Wissenschaften/Universität, Leipzig)
- Jonathan D. Geiger (Akademie der Wissenschaften und der Literatur, Mainz)
- Rabea Kleymann (Leibniz-Zentrum für Literatur- und Kulturforschung, Berlin)
- Andreas Kuczera (Akademie der Wissenschaften und der Literatur, Mainz)
As usual at a barcamp there will be no predetermined program. Instead, ideas presented by participants at the beginning will be compiled into an ad hoc program.
The event will be held in German.