Dr. Alma Itzhaky
Fellow of the Minerva Stiftung with the project Disturbed Landscapes: Environmental Imaginaries in Palestinian and Israeli Contemporary Art
- Since December 2022: Fellow of the Minerva Stiftung with the project: Disturbed Landscapes: Environmental Imaginaries in Palestinian and Israeli Contemporary Art
- 2018: PhD in Philosophy, Tel-Aviv University, Dissertation: Art as Action and as Work: Contemporary Art in light of Hannah Arendt's Vita Activa. Supervisor: Professor Ruth Ronen
- 2014–2015: Doctoral Fellow of the Minerva Humanities Center, Tel Aviv University, with the project Lexicon for Political Theory
- 2009-2011: MA in Philosophy, as part of the Adi Lautman Interdisciplinary Program for Outstanding Students, Tel-Aviv University
- The Philosophy of Art (Modernism and Contemporary Art, Ontology of Art, Aesthetic Judgment)
- Art and Political Action
- Theory of the Public Sphere
- Ecological Art and Ecocriticism
- Political Ecology
- "Beyond the Distance: The Virtual Reality of the Image." Bezalel: Journal of Visual and Material Culture, 8:1 [online, Hebrew].
- "The aesthetic judgment 'This is art' in Stanley Cavell and Thierry de Duve." co-authored with Pioter Shmugliakov. Journal of Aesthetics & Culture, 13:1, 2021. [online].
- "New in Nature: Round Table on Onagers, Prickly Pears and People in Anthropocene Israel." co-authored with Ofri Ilani, Tamar Novick, Eran Schwarzfuchs and Gil Shani in Theory and Criticism, Winter 2022. (Hebrew) [online]
Book Sections and Catalogs
- "Beyond the Distance – A Body." In Noa Yafe, Joshua Simon (Ed.) Beyond the Distance – A Distance. Mousse Publishing. 2020.
- Judea Navalis. With Noa Rosenberg and Merhav Yeshorun. The Tel Aviv Museum of Art
- "All the Ships to Come". In Exile; Host and Guest Exhibition Catalog. Curator: Steven Henry Madoff. Tel Aviv Museum of Art.
- "About Artists' Livelihoods", in Erev-Rav, 3:1, 2022 (Hebrew).
- "Belief and Disbelief in Painting." Hamidrasha, 17:1, 2015 (Hebrew).
- "And Reality Enters Your Film – Interview with Guy Ben-Ner and Avi Mograbi". Hamidrasha, 15:1, 2013 (Hebrew).
- "Hey! Evet, I’m Gay and I’m Left: on Fluency, Stuttering and Fascism in Roee Rosen’s Out." Ma’arvon, 8:1, 2012 (Hebrew).
- Colette Soler. Lacan, L’inconscient Reinventé. Translation from French to Hebrew. [הלא-מודע מומצא מחדש] Alma Itzhaky. Tel-Aviv, Resling. 2018.
- Jean Laplanche. Vie et Mort en Psychanalyse. [חיים ומוות בפסיכואנליזה] Translation from French to Hebrew: Alma Itzhaky. Tel-Aviv, Resling.
- "Disturbed Landscapes in Palestinian and Israeli Contemporary Art", Workshop on Political Ecology in Israel/Palestine. The Martin Buber Society of Fellows in the Humanities and Social Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. 2022
- "Prospective and Retrospective Judgment: The Role of Aesthetic Judgment in Arendt’s Philosophy of Action", The European Society for Aesthetics annual conference, University of Barcelona. 2016
- "Art as Action and as Work", The European Society for Aesthetics annual conference, University of Amsterdam. 2014
- "A Political Act Done with Colors", Authority in Education and Art, Beit-Berl College, Israel. 2012
- "Music that Ceases from Being Written", Workshop on Improvisation, the Department of Philosophy and the Department of Musicology, the Tel-Aviv University, Israel. 2012
Liberal Arts BA Program, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- Fall semester 2021/2022: Philosophical Perspectives on Modern Art
- Fall semester 2020/2021: Theories of the Public Sphere
- Spring semester 2020: Truth in Politics
- Spring semester 2019: Vita Activa: Philosophy and the Life of Practice
The Interdisciplinary School of Art, Shenkar College of Engineering, Design, and Art, Israel
- 2021–2022: First Year Interdisciplinary Forum
- 2020–2021: First Year Interdisciplinary Forum
- 2017–2022: Drawing Studio
- 2013–2017: Painting Studio