Dr. Alma Itzhaky
Fellow of the Minerva Stiftung with the project Disturbed Landscapes: Environmental Imaginaries in Palestinian and Israeli Contemporary Art
- Since December 2022: Fellow of the Minerva Stiftung with the project: Disturbed Landscapes: Environmental Imaginaries in Palestinian and Israeli Contemporary Art
- 2018: PhD in Philosophy, Tel-Aviv University, Dissertation: Art as Action and as Work: Contemporary Art in light of Hannah Arendt's Vita Activa. Supervisor: Professor Ruth Ronen
- 2014–2015: Doctoral Fellow of the Minerva Humanities Center, Tel Aviv University, with the project Lexicon for Political Theory
- 2009-2011: MA in Philosophy, as part of the Adi Lautman Interdisciplinary Program for Outstanding Students, Tel-Aviv University
- The Philosophy of Art (Modernism and Contemporary Art, Ontology of Art, Aesthetic Judgment)
- Art and Political Action
- Theory of the Public Sphere
- Ecological Art and Ecocriticism
- Political Ecology
- "Beyond the Distance: The Virtual Reality of the Image." Bezalel: Journal of Visual and Material Culture, 8:1 In print (Hebrew).
- "The aesthetic judgment 'This is art' in Stanley Cavell and Thierry de Duve." co-authored with Pioter Shmugliakov. Journal of Aesthetics & Culture, 13:1, 2021. [online].
- "New in Nature: Round Table on Onagers, Prickly Pears and People in Anthropocene Israel." co-authored with Ofri Ilani, Tamar Novick, Eran Schwarzfuchs and Gil Shani in Theory and Criticism, Winter 2022. (Hebrew) [online]
Book Sections and Catalogs
- "Beyond the Distance – A Body." In Noa Yafe, Beyond the Distance – A Distance. Editor: Joshua Simon. Mousse Publishing. 2020.
- Judea Navalis. With Noa Rosenberg and Merhav Yeshorun. The Tel Aviv Museum of Art
- "All the Ships to Come". In Exile; Host and Guest Exhibition Catalog. Curated by Steven Henry Madoff. Tel Aviv Museum of Art.
- "About Artists' Livelihoods", in Erev-Rav, 3:1, 2022 (Hebrew).
- "Belief and Disbelief in Painting." Hamidrasha, 17:1, 2015 (Hebrew).
- "And Reality Enters Your Film – Interview with Guy Ben-Ner and Avi Mograbi". Hamidrasha, 15:1, 2013 (Hebrew).
- "Hey! Evet, I’m Gay and I’m Left: on Fluency, Stuttering and Fascism in Roee Rosen’s Out." Ma’arvon, 8:1, 2012 (Hebrew).
- Colette Soler. Lacan, L’inconscient Reinventé. Translation from French to Hebrew. [הלא-מודע מומצא מחדש] Alma Itzhaky. Tel-Aviv, Resling. 2018.
- Jean Laplanche. Vie et Mort en Psychanalyse. [חיים ומוות בפסיכואנליזה] Translation from French to Hebrew: Alma Itzhaky. Tel-Aviv, Resling.
- "Disturbed Landscapes in Palestinian and Israeli Contemporary Art", Workshop on Political Ecology in Israel/Palestine. The Martin Buber Society of Fellows in the Humanities and Social Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. 2022
"Prospective and Retrospective Judgment: The Role of Aesthetic Judgment in Arendt’s Philosophy of Action", The European Society for Aesthetics annual conference, University of Barcelona. 2016
"Art as Action and as Work", The European Society for Aesthetics annual conference, University of Amsterdam. 2014
"A Political Act Done with Colors", Authority in Education and Art, Beit-Berl College, Israel. 2012
"Music that Ceases from Being Written", Workshop on Improvisation, the Department of Philosophy and the Department of Musicology, the Tel-Aviv University, Israel. 2012
Liberal Arts BA Program, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- Fall semester 2021/2022: Philosophical Perspectives on Modern Art
- Fall semester 2020/2021: Theories of the Public Sphere
- Spring semester 2020: Truth in Politics
- Spring semester 2019: Vita Activa: Philosophy and the Life of Practice
The Interdisciplinary School of Art, Shenkar College of Engineering, Design, and Art, Israel
- 2021–2022: First Year Interdisciplinary Forum
- 2020–2021: First Year Interdisciplinary Forum
- 2017–2022: Drawing Studio
- 2013–2017: Painting Studio